Other Africa investor (www.africa-investor.com) Index Series Awards 2010 announced on 20 September included listed companies, socially responsible companies, most innovative capital markets regulator, best stockbroker, best research and best initial public offer. Africa investor is a leading international investment research and communications group and the gala awards ceremony was held on the trading floor of the New York Stock Exchange. The awards included:
• Best-performing Africa investor 100 company – Ghana Commercial Bank
• Best-performing Africa investor 40 company – Equity Bank Kenya
• Best-performing Africa investor Sri30 Company – Safaricom (also Kenyan)
• Best Performing Africa investor SRI 50 Company – Zambia Sugar.
• Most innovative African stock exchange – Ghana Stock Exchange
• Most innovative capital markets regulator – Financial Services Commission of Mauritius
• Best Africa fund manager – Coronation Africa Fund
• Best Africa investment bank – Renaissance Capital
• Best Africa research team – Standard Bank
• Best African IPO – Juhayna Food Industries Egypt.
• Best-performing broker in Africa – Auerbach Grayson
• Best risk-adjusted performance by an African/South African hedge fund – Scipion Capital.
Africa investor says its Index Series Awards are “the only international, pan-African awards that recognize and reward Africa’s institutional investors, stock exchanges, best-performing listed companies, stockbrokers and capital market regulators.”