[Sponsored] The leading African private equity conference returns this December, bringing together more than 500 equity professionals, 150 of the most powerful private-equity practitioners and 130 top industry speakers under African sunshine. SuperReturn Africa is billed as “the largest meeting place for the African and global private equity limited and global partner communities”.
The fifth edition of this giant annual conference will be at The Westin, Cape Town, from 3-4 Dec, preceded by fundraising and West Africa summits on 2 Dec. AfricanCapitalMarketsNews is privileged to offer our readers a 10% discount on tickets, see the VIP Code and link below.
Top ten SuperReturn Africa 2014 conference themes:
1. How large funds source deals and find competitive prices
2. Which routes are most attractive to gain exposure to Africa
3. How the most successful general partners (GPs) prepare portfolio companies for exits
4. What drives limited partner (LP) decisions
5. How savvy managers are tapping into booming African retail markets
6. What do trade buyers look for in firms that are backed by private equity
7. The role of private equity in funding Africa’s infrastructure deficit
8. How is African private equity performing in comparison to other emerging markets
9. How deep are African commercial and residential real-estate markets
10. How far is Africa from forming its own silicon valley?
Sector specializations giving a change to hear from expert GPs with expertise in retail and African consumers, agribusiness and food, healthcare and education, investing in small and medium enterprises (SMEs), environmental, social and corporate governance (ESG) as a commercial tool, the role of mezzanine finance and “how to” guide to successful exits. Many top international, South African and African private equity funds are sharing tips and experiences.
A conference highlight is guest keynote speakers:
• Behavioural neuroscientist Dr John Coates, a research fellow in neuroscience and finance and a former derivatives trader, sharing his research on “the biology of exuberance and pessimism – the challenge for risk management”
• Leading economist Goolam Ballim, Chief Economist and Head: Standard Bank Research, sharing his expert views on macroeconomic trends across Africa and how the continent achieved sustained, rapid growth rates for 15 years
• Ground-breaking academic Ludovic Phalippou, Associate Professor at Saïd Business School, Oxford, presenting his research on whether the rise of secondary buyouts is good news for investors
• South African financier Colin Coleman, managing director and head, investment banking division, sub-Saharan Africa, at Goldman Sachs, on how South Africa is positioning itself in the global and pan-African economies.
Another SuperReturn Africa 2014 highlight is “too hot to touch” closed-door sessions, carried out under Chatham House rules (no attribution) to aid free and frank discussions. The 3 sessions cover fund-raising horror stories and tricks of the trade; doing business in West Africa; and building an ideal skill set for a private equity team.
The fund-raising summit on 2 Dec includes themes such as: Who is investing in African private equity funds, how many funds are there and how much do they hope to raise in 2015, which LPs are committing to first close and what incentives work, how managers can improve their chances to raise a first-time fund and why it is so hard raise fund II.
The West Africa private-equity summit highlights savvy investor skills for deploying capital and exiting in Nigeria, is francophone Africa missing out, Ghana uncertainties, regulations around domestic African funds investing in private equity and harnessing opportunities on Nigeria’s power privatization.
The conference is an essential part of doing business in African private equity. Pension funds, endowments, foundations, sovereign wealth funds, development finance organizations, family office and members of the International Limited Partners Association (ILPA) get free LP pass, subject to validation. There is a 40% discount for African companies from selected African countries.
Everyone else can claim a 10% discount, courtesy of AfricanCapitalMarketsNews when you quote VIP code: FKR2356ACMBL. For more details or to register, please visit: www.superreturnafrica.com/FKR2356ACMBL, email: email@example.com or call: +44 (0) 20 7017 7200.